The REMARO Summer School Oslo 2023 will offer a deep dive into the development of software for fail-safe autonomous underwater vehicles. In the summer school a variety of relevant topics including active learning, search-based testing and the development of self-adaptive systems will be covered. The majority of the sessions will be held by industry experts who will discuss the challenges of deploying autonomous underwater vehicles. The school also includes a visit to the certification company DNV.
For REMARO participants: 26/06–30/06/2023
The sessions of the summer school will always be from 9:00–18:00 (except on Friday, where we skip the afternoon and will finish at 13:00).
|Active learning with reinforcement learning
|visit to DNV
|Assurance and autonomous drones
|Underwater Robots – Visions and challenges from Equinor’s perspective
REMARO participants Program
|preparation for ROS2 hackathon
|Stress management workshop
- Shaukat Ali (Simula)
- Hans Anton Tvete (DNV)
- Victoria Forsberg
- Ilias Gerostathopoulos (VU Amsterdam)
- Seyed Majtaba Karbasi (UiO)
- Francisco Martin (Rey Juan Carlos University)
- Thomas Lunden Rannestad (Equinor)
Please register via the following nettskjema.
Registration fee. For non-REMARO participants is 600NOK without the dinner and 1800NOK including the dinner.
The summer school will take place in Ole Johan Dahls hus (rooms will be provided later).
The venue can be accessed by taking the T-Ban to the station “Forskningsparken”, which is adjacent to the building.
We suggest to book a room in one of the following two hotels that are rather affordable:
- K7 hotel Oslo, this is very central but a bit more expensive. The university can be reached in about 15 minutes by public transport (https://k7hotel.com/)
- Quality 33 hotel, this is cheaper but further from the venue. However, the university and the city center can still be reached in about 20 mins by public transport (https://quality-hotel-33-oslo.hotel-ds.com/en/)
Getting to Oslo city
- Arriving by plane:
The main airport is Oslo Gardermoen. From here you can take the flytoget or the regional train to the central station (Oslo S) from where you can reach most destinations in Oslo by bus, tram or t-ban.
- Arriving by train, ferry, bus,…
There are also some other traveling options (e.g. from Bergen, Copenhagen, Stockholm or Hamburg). Feel free to contact us if you are interested in more information on these.
For further information, contact the organizer:
Einar Broch Johsen